Sunday, March 19, 2017

Reflection

It's hard to believe we have already concluded the "One" section of this course. This class has been extremely valuable to me so far. Beyond the academic portion of having to write a contribution to a primer, teach a class, and write these blog posts I feel that I have learned so much about myself in the past few weeks. Especially through blogging. This class has sparked a lot of self-reflection for me. I find myself often thinking about what we have discussed outside of the classroom. I also feel like I really am absorbing the material instead of just learning it for a test and then forgetting it as soon as I don't need it anymore. The way we have been running the class is really engaging. Being in such a small group also creates a really unique classroom environment. In an interview with an HMP alumni, she asked me what classes I had done well in and enjoyed. I immediately gushed about how much I really am enjoying this course. And I feel that it is going to really help us all professionally especially this summer. Creating multiple pieces of work that we will be able to show after the class is also really fulfilling. I am really excited to see where "Two" will take us.

3 comments:

  1. The course was designed to pay back hard work. You've been working quite hard, so it seems to be working. I'm really pleased, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had similar classes in the business school but this is the first time with such a small class size. So it has made it a much different feel then my other classes. Overall I agree that the self reflection has been more prominent for me with the blogs and also class disscusions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- I feel I've gotten a ton out of this class and it's really great to experience something a little different than a normal classroom environment. I think we've all become pretty close, too. I feel comfortable speaking to everyone, and giving and receiving feedback.

    ReplyDelete